Sunday, July 20, 2008

some summer trekkin'

Ahhh-Trek 2008-what an experience for us! Jared and I were Ma and Pa for a family of 8 kids and one fake baby! So hard-so fun! Here are some of the highlights!

Wendy's-the place of our last "real" breakfast!


Our handcart the first day at about 3 pm


Our handcart the first night about 11 pm (yes, that's a broken wheel)




trekkin away-that's me in the front on the left (yes, that's a bonnet I'm wearing)


more trekkin-that's Jared on the right in the middle (yes, he's the tall one)
*please note that both corners of our front handle broke and had to be roped back together-we had problems with both our handcarts!! ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

7 comments:

Griffeth Family said...

amazing!!! Love the the clothes!!!

val said...

always wanted to do that-like 10 years ago! so proud of you both for doing it and making it:)

The George's said...

Way to go! That looks like hardwork.

Mariah said...

Im glad you finally posted something. What a neat experience, but I didn't know pioneer's had coolers?!

The Uffens Family said...

good for you guys! I'm sure it's an adventure the kids will at least never forget. It's fun to get caught up with your fun life!!

Cousin Polly

rccastleberryfamily said...

Jessa you are amazing! I loved hearing about your experience, only you can tell stories like that! ha!

M-n-M said...

YEAH !!!! I was talking a stab in the dark to see if by chance you were a blogger and I found you. Marshal and I were talking about you guys the other day and wondering where you are at.

We Still live in Malad and love it. Marshal runs his own business and I am almost finished with school. We have a little one on the one!

Your blog is so cute. Your kids are so cute too and look just like you. Give me a call or email me when you get a chance and we can catch up. Tell Jared Hi.

208-766-3335
realwoodcstm@msn.com
Blog spot mmmartinsen.blogspot.com